Yesterday I previewed both the table of contents and the introduction from my soon to be released “Unitarian Universalist Christian Community – Prospectus”. Today I will share with you the motto, mission, vision and values. I think theses sections will give you a bit more of a fuller glimpse as to what kind of community I am looking to help start. And as always I do appreciate positive and constrictive comments and feedback. So don’t be shy and instead be bold and let me know what you think.
Worship, learning, community.
To be a vibrant home for today’s and tomorrow’s Unitarian Universalist Christianity.
We will achieve a vibrant home for today’s and tomorrow’s Unitarian Universalist Christianity by engaging in:
- worship that is authentically Unitarian Universalist, deeply Christian and truly contemporary;
- learning, that will include Bible study, sexuality education, scientific education and group prayer;
- fellowship and community building.
We will draw our values from our life experiences, our search for truth and meaning, and in particular, from our examinations of the teachings of Jesus and the principles of Unitarian Universalism which are:
- inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- justice, equity, and compassion in human relations;
- acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- a free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- the right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- the goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are apart.”